Saturday, April 27, 2013

R.S.: Soon-to-be RN (RS: third year)

My capstone experience on the medical-surgical dialysis unit at IU Health Bloomington Hospital has without a doubt been the most critical part of my nursing school career. This experience has shown me that nursing is definitely what I want to do…not that I didn’t already know that. However, working alongside an RN for 12-hour shifts 2-3 times per week has solidified my decision to go into nursing. While it is hard work that can leave one feeling exhausted at the end of the shift, it is at the same time one of the most rewarding professions. Capstone is molding me into the nurse that I someday hope to be, and I have learned invaluable lessons through my experiences. Probably the most significant lesson I have learned is that I am more prepared to take on the title “RN” than I had previously thought.

I still have two days left of capstone, and I am excited to discover what final lessons I will take away this experience before I leave the realm of academia and enter the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment